Skip to main content

My Sign of Commitment

In the last 14 days...I have felt more alive and happier than I have in the last year...or forever for that matter!

I look back at my last post and reflect on the last point

'10. Be happier'

and I've found it...
I found it in Daniel; my fiancé.

Daniel made me the happiest woman of ALL TIME when he proposed to me last Thursday the 7th of January at Sydney Tower's 360 Bar and Dining. It was simply perfect...

Since then I've experienced and shared incredible waves of emotions with family and friends; for the most part they've been tsunamis of happiness!

I've been up...very high up! Up in the clouds...and then I've been down...but still up in the clouds at approx. 30 000 feet high (lame joke...I know). Right now I'm feeling life at it's fullest and it feels amazing! I've managed to control it a bit now which is good! I was starting to look and feel like Mary Poppins!

I broke the great news to family and friends over the first 3 days since the Engagement. It was both a nervous and joyous time for me. Mostly I was worried about what my family and friends would say because their opinions mattered (almost as much as my own) and I wanted them to share in my happiness. However I was worried about nothing because they were all very delighted with the news! It made me feel so much better and also helped me realise that I tend to worry too much about nothing! My happiness was their happiness :)

Daniel and I have grown up together and we've been through a lot. We've struggled at times but what relationship doesn't? We've come to understand each other and support one another over the years and we have recognised when we've let the other down. With any let downs we've been able to pick the other one back up and strengthen our relationship even more.

All sorts of people enter your life through time. Some come and go whilst others stick around. It's the bonds and the experiences that you share between the people you meet that help form the person you become over the years. I'd like to thank all my family and friends for helping and supporting me along my journey and especially to Daniel who has shown me love and care beyond words...

(Warning: Soppy content ahead)
Daniel has turned my world into something real and has catapulted me into euphoric happiness! He means everything to me and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him! The night he proposed to me he left me completely speechless... how could a simple night turn into something so beautiful and reveal so much more about him?! I see so much more in him than I ever saw before; I see us and it's just such a wonderful moment to be able to share it with the man I've come to truly love.

To finish off this post I'd like to dedicate this song/video to Daniel who has left me feeling quite unproductive at work lately as I sing, hum and day dream of him at work even more since the 7th January. Thanks Daniel! :P



This song was the most appropriate choice for four very important reasons:

  1. there's a ukulele
    (anything with a Ukulele is AWESOME!)

  2. there's a cute factor
    (the cute little Asian boy reminded me of Daniel who is part Asian, pulls silly faces, sings a little bit and plays a Ukulele...

    oh wait...
    ...
    no
    sorry...
    ...
    Daniel plays the guitar!)

  3. it's a love song
    (yep... a love song....self explanatory really)

  4. has somebody that would sing it like me and more importantly...not better than me!
    (I only ever know tunes to songs...no matter how hard I try to remember the lyrics!)



For evidence of my day dreaming at work: Here's a little sketch I did on the first day back from the holidays after the recent announcement of my Engagement to Daniel.

p.s. Apologies for the rather lame reference to the famous Kanye West quote earlier in my post...that was purely intentional of course.


Comments

Mariane said…
Really happy for you Eleonor and a BIG CONGRATS to you and Daniel

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Quito-Ecuador!

¡Hola todos! Dad and I have been in Quito, Ecuador for the past four days, since 21st of September. We came from our very brief stay in La Paz, Bolivia where the shopping was cheap and the traffic plenty. On arrival at Quito airport we weren´t sure if we´d be greeted by anyone in the family. Upon our exit from customs we didn´t see anyone from the family so we were quite disappointed. Dad then proceeded to go to one of the phone booths at the airport when I noticed a young man with aviation sunglasses walking towards me with another lady beside him. I was my cousin Carlos Alberto who had come to Australia to study a few years ago with his mother Susanna! Some of our family was there! We were so happy because it turned out that a lot of our family had come to the airport to see us! About 10 people! I just wish I knew a lot more Spanish because most of them don´t speak English. I´ve been trying to speak in Spanish most of the time. It´s been quite trying and funny at the same time. W

Baños

Hi Everyone! In the last few days in Ecuador, Dad and I have been visiting some of the local cities near Quito, Ecuador. Our family have been showing us around to many beautiful places. Yesterday Dad and I went to Baños which was about 3 hrs drive from Quito. My uncle Marco, his wife (Lucia) and his son (Mauricio's) family invited us out for the day. It was difficult to wake up in the morning because the previous day we went to my cousin's son's Baptism celebration which was in the evening and went through till early hours of the morning. We did manage to wriggle out of bed though. On the way we passed a volcano that errupted 3 months ago, Tunguragua. The whole city had to be evacuated at the time. We stopped to have a look at the destruction that it caused which was incredible. Many tourists were there picking up some of the rocks that were left there. We also passed a town (forgive me for not remembering the name) where they mainly manufacture jeans clothing. There

Peeping Tom Beat It Up in Sydney!

Last Thursday the 21st of June I had the privilege of witnessing an unbelievable night of hard core, funk, hip-hop, rock and alternative music! With a line up that big you'd think I went to a festival to see a multitude of performers. Ironically that is what Peeping Tom is! Mike Patton's Peeping Tom is made up of an eclectic mix of genres, styles and performers which come together to make music that is captivating, experimental and inspiring to the taste of a diverse range of fans (including myself). Patton didn't fail to impress the Sydney audience at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney, Australia. His remarkable vocal range changes, beat-boxing abilities, experimentation, energetic performance and audience participation had everyone including my friend, Elisa and I in awe and excitement the entire time. There is probably nothing that Patton cannot sing which is what I love. Having grabbed the last two tickets from just a hand-full available from Ticketek the day before his per